Guided backpacking into remote Alder ForestHigh plateaus, lochans, ridges, river crossings, fantastic views - they're all here ! Ben Alder Forest is a remote and wild area in the Central Highlands with vast mountains. With careful planning, the use of mountain-bikes on fine tracks to reach the foot of the mountains and wild camping, the peaks can be conquered.
At a glance
- An extended weekend over 3 days, back-packing into the heart of the Central Highlands.
- Cycle along fine tracks alongside lochsides to remote Culra, encircled by mountains and far away from civilisation.
- Wild camp over 2 nights under vast starry skies far from light-pollution.
- At a leisurely pace, explore extensive high plateaux and reach superb vantage points from where stunning views can be appreciated.
- Enjoy some easy rock-scrambling up Ben Alder's Long Leachas ridge.
- Bag 6 Munros in the area, including the mighty mountains of Ben Alder and Geal Charn with their many corries and lochans.
Dates and booking
|9-11 Jun||£125||Places available|
Book online »
Your guide will know the remote area well and be able to give you insight into the flora, fauna and geology.
There are fine tracks to access this remote area, which we recommend the use of cycling along. If you would prefer to walk in, we can arrange for this. There are optional rock-scrambles on both hiking days which are fun and of easy grade.
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.