Guided day to Braeraich via Carn a'Chlamain Gap and Lairig GhruBraeraich is the 3rd highest mountain in the UK and covers a vast area. Its summit plateau has several summits, the source of the River Dee - the 'Wells of Dee' - and sits above huge corries that hold snow throughout the year.
On this day we've organised a hike approaching from the north and heading through the weird Carn a'Chlamain Gap and famed Lairig Ghru. We're hoping to spot wildlife on the way including ptarmigan and reindeer.
At a glance
- A day of mountain hiking in the Cairngorms
- Hike along fine crests and wide mountain plateaux above Glen Einich and the Lairig Ghru
- Bag the summit of Braeraich, the 3rd highest mountain in the UK
- Reach superb vantage points from where expansive views over the Cairngorms can be savoured
- Join a small group led by an experienced leader with a good knowledge of the wildlife, flora and geology
Dates and booking
|14 May||£65||Places available|
Book online »
Your guide will know the remote area well and be able to give you insight into the flora, fauna and geology.
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.