Guided hiking and scrambling on the Cairngorm 4000ersIn the heart of the Cairngorms are vast plateaux above huge cliffs and dark corries. These plateaux are either side of the famed Lairig Ghru pass and contain five of the UK's highest mountains including Ben Macdui, Braeraich, Cairn Toul and Cairngorm.
There are many routes leading to these Munro summits and, just for fun, we'll be taking two easy scrambling routes, Fiacaill Ridge up to Cairn Lochan and Cairn Toul's North Ridge.
At a glance
- Two days of hiking up high mountains in the Cairngorms.
- Scramble along the stunning 'Fiacaill Ridge', one of the best summer Grade 1 rock-scrambles in the area.
- Reach superb vantage points from where vast views can be savoured.
- Bag the 5 Munros in the Lochaber 4000ers - Ben Macdui, Braeraich, Cairn Toul, Sgor an Lochain Uaine and Cairngorm.
- Explore the artic-like terrain covering the plateaux finding hidden lochans and other gems.
- Join a small group led by an experienced leader with a good knowledge of the wildlife, flora and geology.
Dates and booking
|16-17 Aug||£115||Places available|
Book online »
Your guide will know the remote area well and be able to give you insight into the flora, fauna and geology.
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.
You would be very welcome to join us for part of the trip, the cost of which is £65 per day.