Mid summer backpack over the western CairngormsIn the heart of the Cairngorms and to the west of the famed 'Lairig Ghru', vast plateaux rest above huge cliffs and dark corries. Stunted by the cold winters, the grass and granite-gravel tundra is arctic-like. In summer this makes for delightful hiking while exploring the mountain crests.
We're hill-walking here in mid-summer, camping by the spring of the 'Wells of Dee' and reaching the summits of 4 magnificent Munro summits, including mighty Braeraich and pointy Cairn Toul.
At a glance
- Two days of hiking and backpacking up high mountains in the Cairngorms
- A high overnight camp near the 'Wells of Dee' on mid-summer
- Reach superb vantage points from where vast views can be savoured
- Bag the Munros in the Cairngorms - Braeraich, Cairn Toul, Sgor an Lochain Uaine and the Devil's Point
- Explore the artic-like terrain covering the plateaux finding hidden lochans and other gems
- Join a small group led by an experienced leader with a good knowledge of the wildlife, flora and geology
Dates and booking
|21-22 Jun||£95||Places available|
Book online »
Your guide will know the remote area well and be able to give you insight into the flora, fauna and geology.
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.