Guided weekend of winter hiking on the Lawers and Tarmachan rangesTowering above the vast length of Loch Tay, the Lawers and Tarmachan ridges form a chain of peaks split by the Lochan na Lairige reservoir. Contained within the Ben Lawers Nature Reserve there are many peaks, including 8 Munros and the tenth highest mountain in the UK ! This beautiful area is also renowned for its rare arctic-alpine flora, particularly in the northern corries.
At a glance
- An extended weekend of winter hill-walking in the Southern Highlands.
- Walk along fine crests and wide mountain plateaux above Loch Tay and Glen Lyon.
- Reach superb vantage points from where expansive views over the Grampians and Perthshire forests can be savoured.
- Bag 8 Munros in the area including Ben Lawers, Beinn Ghlas, Meall Corranaich and Meall nan Tarmachan.
- Enjoy some easy rock-scrambling on An Stuc and Meall Garbh.
- Join a small group led by an experienced leader with a good knowledge of the wildlife, flora and geology.
Dates and booking
|2-4 Dec||£145||Places available|
Book online »
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:.
You would be very welcome to join us for part of the trip, the cost of which is £65 per day.