Navigation skills for hill runnersJust south of Edinburgh are the Pentland Hills. These are predominantly gently rolling hills, covered in grass. There are several races held in amongst these hills and runners use the area to train. But there's also lots in there to catch out the unwary and therefore an ideal location in which to build navigation skills.
At a glance
- A two day navigation event is aimed specifically at hill runners and run in conjunction with Scottish Hill Runners
- Get to grips with maps and compass and learn to navigate in mountainous terrain while running
- Topics covered include mountain-marathon route planning, hill race preparation, nutrition, staying safe and much more.
- Have some fun sharing the experience in a small group led by an experienced mountain runner and leader.
- Explore some Pentland hills, discovering all is not what first seems !
Dates and booking
|11-12 Mar||£35||Fully booked|
* £35 to SHR members, £125 to non-members
The small class size allows navigation topics to be covered in depth and be thoroughly put into practice on the hill by everyone.
On both mornings this event begins with sometime in a 'classroom' surrounding. We'll then head out int othe Pentlands for the practical parts of the course.
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.