Navigation skills in the PentlandsJust south of Edinburgh are the Pentland Hills. These are predominantly gently rolling hills, covered in grass. But there's lots in there to catch out the unwary and therefore an ideal location in which to build navigation skills.
We also host a similar course in the Perthshire Hills, near Pitlochry.
At a glance
- An introduction to the navigation skills needed for hiking on the mountains of Scotland.
- Get to grips with different types of maps and learn how to use a map and compass.
- Find out what to do when 'lost' and how to work as a 'team'.
- Have some fun sharing the experience in a small group led by an experienced leader.
- Explore some Pentland hills, discovering all is not what first seems !
Dates and booking
|11 May||£65||Fully booked|
The small class size allows navigation topics to be covered in depth and be thoroughly put into practice on the hill by everyone.
Our events begin with in a classroom situation in our office in 31 Argyle Place in Edinburgh, from where we'll head out int othe Pentlands for the practical part of the course.
Our maximum guide to client ratio on this event is 1:6.